[MOBY-dev] moby.ucalgary.ca down ? again

Mark markw at illuminae.com
Tue Jul 14 15:31:31 UTC 2009

> wget retrieval of
> http://moby.ucalgary.ca/moby/MOBY-Central.pl doesn't .

AFAIK a naked GET on MOBY Central shouldn't succeed even if the server is
up... that script requires input, and will return an error (for me it is
"unavailable") if you don't send it proper input.  So... don't use that as
your "acid test" :-)

Like Eddie, I haven't noticed MOBY Central being unavailable (and I'm not
local!  MOBY Central is about 800km away from me!), and I've been
hammering it pretty hard in the last week or so as I prepare for a MOBY
workshop...  I wonder why you're having problems accessing it?  I checked
with Paul, and we have something like 380 continuous days of up-time on
that server!!  (yay us!)

...???  I understand your frustration!  ...but I can't figure out what the
source of the problem is...

Mark