[MOBY-dev] [MOBY-l] Cleaning the registry

Andreas Groscurth groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Tue Jan 6 13:56:39 UTC 2009

If a datatype has children that are used by a webservice than they dont
have anything to do with that datatype - so we can delete it.

E.g.

AminoAcidSequence has a String... String is a widely used datatype.
Assuming AminoAcidSequence is not used at all it can be deregistered
although it has a child String.

Of course you can deregister a parent type which children are in use,
but you cant deregister a child type which parent is in use....

Cheers
Andreas

Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> Andreas Groscurth wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I uploaded to html files showing the unsused elements:
>>
>> http://bioinfo.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de/datatypes2Delete.html
>> http://bioinfo.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de/namespaces2Delete.html
>>
>> The corrected number for the datatypes is 331 / 721 (45%).
>
> I think there is still a bug, I see:
> OSE_object    avilin05.avignon.inra.fr    2008-08-20
> and I know this object (I created it), it has a bunch of children
> (OSE_author, OSE_experiment...) that are used by webservices :)
>
> We can not remove object that have children that are used.
>
> Thanks for the lists,
>
> Regards,
>
> Pierre

  Dipl. Bioinf. Andreas Groscurth
  Software developer
  Plant Computational Biology group
  Max-Planck Institute for plant breeding research
  Carl-von-Linne Weg 10
  50829 Cologne
  Germany
  +49(0) 221 5062449