[MOBY-dev] jORCA application

Victoria Martin Requena vickymr at uma.es
Fri Feb 20 11:52:25 UTC 2009

Dear all,
We are glad to deploy jORCA, a standalone application aimed to
facilitate web-services integration, and stronlgly focused on usability:
searching and new discovering methods, workflows composition
(Magallanes), objects edition (collections.. coming soon) , advanced
methods for services invokation (error handling/mirroring/asynchronism),
etc.

jORCA can connect to several web service metadata repositories
(currently "access" engines are available for Moby-central
(moby.ucalgary.ca), Moby central test (bioinfo.icapture.ubc.ca), IRRI
Repository (cropwiki.irri.org) and INB repositories (INAB, Moby-dev,test
respository)). Other repositories, including ACGT/Grid based enviroment
using credential mechanishms for controlled access are also available,
and we are finishing the access to WSDL description of EBI services.

Most of the jORCA functionalities are summarised in the attached
document (jORCA-Flyer.pdf) and there is a guided-tour and some video
tutorials in jORCA's web-page.

Software download and documentation are available at
http://chirimoyo.ac.uma.es/jorca

We would be really happy to have your opinions, recommendations for
improvements, bugs reporting, etc.

We hope all of you enjoy the application.

Kind regards,
Vicky
The Bitlab team (INB GNV-5 Integrated Bioinformatics node)