[MOBY-dev] ant install crashes... does moby have bots?

Andreas Groscurth groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Thu Oct 23 08:12:28 UTC 2008

The problem of course of the moby registry is that querying a service
does not mean calling it also. so a service which would get into the
Hall of Fame because it was often asked could never have been called. So
in my point of view this Hall of Fame could be misleading as also the
number of calls do not say anything about the quality of the service.

But i admit, it would be nice to see what services are asked frequently ;-)

Cheers
Andreas

Steffen Neumann wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 18:20 -0700, Mark wrote:
>
>> I'll go through the registry in the next few days and clean it up.
>>
> Any way of keeping a Least-recently-used list
> or (access statistics in general) for service queries
> to the central registry ?
>
> Then a $(grep test) service unused for >1 year (or whatever)
> can go without second thought. In addition, we could have
> some (mildly misleading) statistics about the most heavily
> used services, like a "hall of fame".
>
> Yours,
> Steffen

  Dipl. Bioinf. Andreas Groscurth
  Bioinformatics Software Developer
  Plant Computational Biology group
  Max-Planck Institute for plant breeding research
  Carl-von-Linne Weg 10
  50829 Cologne
  Germany
  +49(0) 221 5062449