[MOBY-dev] Some stats

Mark markw at illuminae.com
Wed Oct 15 20:14:35 UTC 2008

Hi Pierre,

It'll be a mixture - some of the 45 will be providers who never intended
their services to be "live", but registered them in the live registry
anyway.  Others are providers who have moved away from their institutes
and the services have gone offline and they forgot to de-register them.

The moby 1.0 manuscript had ~42 authors, and these represent people who
have either directly contributed code or have been involved in
planning/funding the project.  There are ~10 people worldwide who are
actively contributing code at the moment (beyond the code required for
services)

there are 135 members of the moby-dev mailing list (developers), and 221
members on the moby-l mailing list (discussion).

Hope that helps!