[MOBY-dev] correspondence between service and executable.

Sebastien Carrere sebastien.carrere at toulouse.inra.fr
Thu Oct 2 08:58:19 UTC 2008

Hi Jason,

We developped a lightweight framework in Toulouse (France), called PlayMoby.
http://lipm-bioinfo.toulouse.inra.fr/biomoby/playmoby

The aim of this framework is to deploy easily BioMoby web-services for
command line applications running on UNIX-like systems using a Mobyle
program description (http://bioweb2.pasteur.fr/projects/mobyle/).

You have an exemple on how to write a perl wrapper for Blast
(blastp_swissprot) in the "Sample scripts" section
(http://lipm-bioinfo.toulouse.inra.fr/biomoby/playmoby/#samples).

We deploy and survey around 120 web-services deployed with PlayMoby and
if you need another exemple based on EMBOSS program, you can ask me
sources for one of the following program:
http://lipm-bioinfo.toulouse.inra.fr/biomoby/analysis/external/services/mobycentral_bioworkflow.rss

Hope this help,

Sebastien