[MOBY-dev] xml:lang explored

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Mon May 26 23:10:58 UTC 2008

I will reiterate that I think the language of the text should be noted
in the database somewhere, but that we shouldn't support multi-liguality
for a single entry (that's too much work).  While we can pressure people
into using English for the public central registry, I see no reason to
force English on a boutique registry in Botswana (for example) just
because we were too lazy to program in an extra column in the DB.  I am
also thinking about the potential usefulness of Moby outside of science...