[MOBY-dev] documentation error (?) registerServiceType

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Jan 22 16:29:37 UTC 2008

Well... I don't think we were necessarily anticipating "HAS" and "HASA"
relationships, but it was left purposely open.

There are (at least at the level of the Moby databases) three relationship
ontologies - one for Objects, one for Services, and one for Namespaces.
So you're right, there is no choice other than ISA, because there is only
one term in the Service Relationships ontology - ISA.  So in that regard,
the documentation is correct - what goes in that space is a Service
Relationships Ontology Term :-)  The idea was that the ontologies could
grow independently of each other to reflect more complexity if it were
determined to be necessary.  It is necessary... but it has never happened.