[MOBY-dev] JAX-WS BioMoby API (2nd round).

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Tue Jan 15 22:41:24 UTC 2008

Hi Dmitry,

At a conceptual level, it makes sense to be able to use a standard WS
framework to access Moby Central and services.  After all, that's why we
decided to use SOAP in the first place, wasn't it?  Currently from my
side, Seahawk and MobyServlet need Axis because MobyRequest uses Axis.
I actually made a version of MobyRequest that uses javax.xml.ws*
instead, but haven't committed it because the update to Java version 6
is going to be a major pain on jMOBY.  Version 5 and version 6 don't
like to live together in jMOBY (for a long list of reasons I won't get
into here), so we'll need to start a new branch if we wanted to start
using Java 6 in jMOBY.  I'd also suggest that even with your own
marshalling/unmarshalling, you could easily reuse the existing API
classes for data instances that users are familiar with...

Regards,

Paul