[MOBY-dev] Problems with service registration using dashboard

Andreas Groscurth groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Fri Aug 8 10:14:10 UTC 2008

i confirm that this comes from an non-ascii character.
I registered a service which has some german accents (ae, oe etc) and i
got some errors during registration.

===ERROR===
Fault details:
[stackTrace: null]
[hostname: null]
Fault string: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte
UTF-8 sequence.
Fault code:
Fault actor:  null
When calling:
    http://bioinfo.icapture.ubc.ca/cgi-bin/mobycentral/MOBY-Central.pl
===========

it seems to register, because registering it does not work (you have to
unregister first). But loading the services also fail due to this service.

So as martin said, for this time avoid any german specific character.

Best
Andreas
Martin Senger wrote:
>> Fault string: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte
>> UTF-8 sequence.
>>

> This may be because of the non-ascii characters in your service description.
> It should not be like that - but if you remove letters with the German
> accents, it will pass. We (developers) should look at it on which layer the
> problem occurs - but for you, this is the fastest workaround for now.
>
> Martin

  Dipl. Bioinf. Andreas Groscurth
  Bioinformatics Software Developer
  Plant Computational Biology group
  Max-Planck Institute for plant breeding research
  Carl-von-Linne Weg 10
  50829 Cologne
  Germany
  +49(0) 221 5062449