[MOBY-dev] data by reference - a request for comments

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 09:03:10 UTC 2008

> Once you include XInclude into your XML it's up to a XML parser (in case it
> supports XInclude) to merge two XML (!) documents.

Yes, I understand it. And I hope (from reading some pages) that a parser
could be said *not* to do the merging. Because that would prevent the main
reason why we are going to have references , after all - which is the memory
management.

We should try if the current and obvious parsers can be instructed *not* to
include XInclude automatically, but let us to do it... Anybody has tried it?

email: martin.senger at gmail.com,m.senger at cgiar.org