[MOBY-dev] Dashboard can't connect to Registries [Solved]

sneumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Wed Apr 23 10:49:40 UTC 2008

Hi,

just for the record:

On Sa, 2008-03-01 at 09:12 +0100, Andreas Groscurth wrote:
Michael Gerlich wrote:
> > 2) I'am behind a proxy server, so I had to edit proxy settings in
> > net.properties of JDK 1.5 (http_proxy environment variable is set, but
> > without effect to Java). With this, all the ant scripts work without any
> > problems, but when I run Dashboard, all I got are empty lists and the
> > following messages:
> For the second... I cant check that now - but this should work when you
> copy the build.properties.template to build.properties and change their
> the proxy settings in that file (there should be poperties for that)

Setting the

	http.proxyHost = your proxy host
	http.proxyPort = your proxy port

will only get you halfway through.
Something (?!) in jmoby is making socks: connections,
therefor you need

	1a) a socks proxy by your firewall operator
or	1b) ssh -D1080 you at machine.outside.firewall.prg

and	2) options not present in build.properties.template,
	   e.g.:
	    socksProxyHost=localhost
	    socksProxyPort=1080

The problem with the testing registry reported by Michael
also got sorted or was only temporary.

Yours,
Steffen

--
IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE