[MOBY-dev] BioMOBY namespace and attributes

Dmitry Repchevsky dmitry.repchevski at bsc.es
Mon Apr 21 09:36:51 UTC 2008

Hello Pieter,

This is the old discussion...

Here was my suggestion we discussed in INB and how my library works:

> 1. All Elements must be in biomoby namespace
> ("http://www.biomoby.org/moby").
> 2. The name of prefix MUST have no matter (because of XML specification).
> 3. All attributes of Moby Message (those that belongs to "special"
> Moby structures like, Simple, Collection...) MUST be in biomoby
> namespace.
> 4. All attributes of Moby Primitive types MUST NOT have any defined
> namespace.
> 5. All attributes that belongs to the Ontology (<Object> and any
> ontology class that inherit from it) MUST NOT have any defined namespace.
I inferred this from the examples taken from "http://www.biomoby.org/"

The problem is that
> I think the honest answer would be "we have never really made a decision".
As for the "id" and "namespace" attributes my library "fixing" it by
putting two attributes (with and without the namespace) that virtually
the same. Maybe I have to do the same for the "articleName" too...

I think that one day the decision has to be made to comply to the XML
specification....

Best Regards,

Dmitry