[MOBY-dev] Eclipse, Maven and JDK

Wendy Alexander wlalexander at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 01:37:31 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am having a heck of a time trying to get Eclipse to recognize a JDK so
that it can use the Maven libraries.  I have several JDKs installed.  In
Eclipse, I set my installed JREs to my JDK directories.  I set my path to
include JDK 1.5.  I set JAVA_HOME to my JDK directory.  I selected JDK
1.5as my project Jave Library. I added a -vm line to
eclipse.ini directing it to my JDK.

I still get a message on Eclipse start-up saying, "The Maven Integration
requires that Eclipse be running a JDK, because a number of Maven core
plugins use jars from the JDK.  Please make sure the -vm option in
eclipse.ini is pointing to a JDK and verify that Installed JREs are also
using a JDK."

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.  Please help!

Thanks!