[MOBY-dev] Custom BioMOBY Central

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Mon Sep 17 12:25:16 UTC 2007

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the info. I think it's a good thing to move all the
BioMOBY Central stuff to a single language. The installation
intructions for BioMOBY Centrals were getting loooooong and debugging
dependencies between all the different components involved was not
really trivial anymore.

If I understand correctly the 'moby.html' page, which is not yet
there, is the thing that would allow me to test whether the
installation was successful and which explains how to use the
different scripts. Without this documentation I'm more or less blind :
(. (Ok, I could read the source code and try to reverse engineer, but
would take a lot of time.) Is the RDF generator functionality not yet
implemented in the Perl version or do I miss something? Maybe I
should stick to the Perl/Java combi for now. At least it works with
Taverna. I'm looking forward to testing the complete Perl solution
though, so let me know if moby.html is born...

Cheers,

Pi

On 12-sep-2007, at 20:26, Edward Kawas wrote:

>> Having said that, I would take a look at the following
>> webpage and set up the Perl versions of the servlets:
>> http://biomoby.open-bio.org/CVS_CONTENT/moby-live/Docs/MOBY-S_
>> API/RegistryScripts.html
>
> Sorry, I forgot to mention that the page mentioned above contains a
> reference to a page 'moby.html'. That file doesn't exist yet so
> please don't
> try looking for it!
>
> Eddie

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034

Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen