[MOBY-dev] Custom BioMOBY Central

Pieter Neerincx pieter.neerincx at wur.nl
Wed Sep 12 17:32:17 UTC 2007

Hi Eddie,

I need your help once more. Recently I'm trying to update my alpha
and beta test Centrals, so they'll have the same functionality as the
official one. I've got the default stuff up and running on the code
base (CVS checkout) of about a week ago. Works fine. I updated the
servlets as well. Some of them work, but some don't. The ones
required for Taverna are working, but I also wanted to use RDF docs
for registration of services and updating of existing services. So
far non of my services used a url to an RDF doc. After fiddling for
some time with the servlets I found out I need a custom RDF Agent as
well, but that wasn't mentioned in the docs for setting up a custom
Central ... I'll update that once I have it all complete and running,
but I can't get that RDF Agent fully functional :(.

The documentation for setting up an RDF Agent mentions the
RDFagent_config.txt configuration file. I made the necessary changes
there, but there's also RDFagent_config.xml. It's not modified
automatically based on RDFagent_config.txt, so I was wondering what
it's for and if I have to tweak that one as well.

Secondly, registering or deleting a service based on an RDF doc
works, but my RDF Agent doesn't detect changes. The last thing it
logs is:

                 Found a service (Boomerang/dev.bioinformatics.nl) in
the registry that matches the one in the RDF ...
          Comparing them ...

I remember the discussion about LSIDs and was wondering if my Agent
needs an LSID server to see that the service has changed. The
context.xml configuration file for the servlets mentions an LSID
server and LSID port, but since I don't have an LSID server I
disabled that part. The docs for the RDF Agent nor for setting up a
Central nor for installing the servlets mentioned setting up an LSID
server... So do I need one or can I use the LSID server in Canada
with my custom BioMOBY Central or can I forget about the LSID server
completely and should I look somewhere else for a solution?

Cheers,

Pi

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034

Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen