[MOBY-dev] Using CentralDigestCachedImpl....

Andreas Groscurth groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Fri Nov 30 11:23:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm using CentralDigestCachedImpl for caching the datatypes and namespaces
locally.

CentralDigestCachedImpl cachedImpl = new
CentralDigestCachedImpl("http://moby.ucalgary.ca/moby/MOBY-Central.pl","http://moby.ucalgary.ca/MOBY/Central",
file.getAbsolutePath() );
cachedImpl.updateCache( CentralDigestCachedImpl.CACHE_PART_DATATYPES );
cachedImpl.updateCache( CentralDigestCachedImpl.CACHE_PART_NAMESPACES );

This works fine and re-calls use the local cache.

But when I create a new MobyDataObject, it starts again to fetch the datatypes

Fetching data type ontology from
http://moby.ucalgary.ca/RESOURCES/MOBY-S/Objects

So how do I tell it, that its already has these information ? the
MobyDataObject can also have a Registry Object - so i guess that can help -
but how to I link my CachedCentral with a Registry object ?

Or is this otherwise solveable ?

thx
andreas