[MOBY-dev] Question about LSID/RDF resolution preferences

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Nov 23 21:52:57 UTC 2007

Hi all,

For anyone who is using the RDF metadata, I have a quick question for you:

When we resolve an LSID, we return metadata about that entity.  At the
moment, however, we change the URI of that entity in our returned
metadata.  e.g. when we resolve this LSID:

urn:lsid:biomoby.org:serviceinstance:bioinfo.icapture.ubc.ca,FASTA2HighestGenericSequenceObject:2006-04-12T18-27-15Z

we return an RDF graph about:

http://biomoby.org/RESOURCES/MOBY-S/ServiceInstances#bioinfo.icapture.ubc.ca,FASTA2HighestGenericSequenceObject

This strikes me as being quite a nasty thing to do to people!  However, it
does break fewer tools that are not capable of parsing URIs other than
URLs.

Opinions?

Mark