[MOBY-dev] Moby 1.0 manuscript inappropriate for PLoS Comp Bio

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Apr 26 16:26:48 UTC 2007

That's a possibility... but it appears that UBC is not a
member-institution for NAR, which bumps the publication charges way high -
$2370.  The manuscript is pretty lengthy, and they allow only 9 pages,
with $170/page after that!  May be you and I can convince Christoph that
we can afford it out of the Platform award ;-)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:59:28 -0700, Paul Gordon <gordonp at ucalgary.ca>
wrote:

> How about Nucleic Acids Research, as a "Methods" paper?  They have a
> pretty quick turnaround time at least...
>> Rejected!
>>
>> "we do not publish papers on software alone"
>>
>> They have suggested PLoS ONE as an alternative, but there are other
>> (open
>> access) journals that we could try...  I'm quite fond of the BMC
>> Journals,
>> but I tend to be spamming them with papers in the past 12 months, so
>> they
>> may be getting tired of me ;-)
>>
>> Opinions welcome!
>>
>> Mark

Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor, Dept. Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI Bioinformatics
iCAPTURE Centre, St. Paul's Hospital
Tel:  604 682 2344 x62129
Fax:  604 806 9274

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
This electronic message is intended only for the use of the addressee and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by
unauthorized individuals is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply
e-mail and delete the original and all copies from your system.