[MOBY-dev] revised manuscript now in CVS

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Thu Apr 12 14:40:16 UTC 2007

Hi Mark,

I'm impressed! A very nice manuscript overall and a pleasure to read.
Just a few minor comments, most of them spelling issues:

* Authors (page 1):
   please add 'nc' to my last name. Neerix -> Neerincx.
   Otherwise it sounds like I'm a character from an Asterix and
Obelix cartoon :).

* BioMoby Web Services – “What resources are out there to do it?”,
second paragraph (page 7): add 'is'
   ...and the BioMoby API ensures that an ontology term that *is* in-
use by any registered service ...

* The BioMoby Central Registry – “How do I find the resource provider
I want?”, first paragraph (page 9): remove redundant spaces
   ...towards its leaf nodes. *  *Similarly, and perhaps more ...

* BioMoby vs. peer semantic and schema technologies, first paragraph
(page 13): add 'm' in systes
   ...and made many adaptations to these standards in response to
perceived limitations and/or complexities in these syste*m*s

* Discussion, Closed world, second paragraph (page 10):
   ..."While showing exciting
      early success in achieving interoperability between a small
number of participating
      providers, it remains to be seen, as the project expands, if
the complexity of reasoning
      over an open-world system, and/or the potential dilution of
compatibility between
      resources due to the increasing number of ontological
possibilities, will interfere with the
      desired end-point of straight-forward, maximal interoperability
between bioinformatics
      Web resources."
   That was an extremely long sentence. With five commas and spanning
7 lines it starts to resemble a workflow :).
   It would be better to shorten it for the sake of readability. Just
my 0,02€.

Cheers,

Pi

On 27-Mar-2007, at 11:39 PM, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> Thanks to all who read and commented on the Moby 1.0 manuscript so
> quickly!
>
> I've made the first set of suggested revisions, and the new
> manuscript is
> uploaded (version 7)to the CVS in the /Docs folder.
>
> Since we can't track changes using the binary PDF format, perhaps send
> your suggestions/edits to the mailing list so that everyone can see
> them
> and comment on them.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Mark

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034

Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen