[MOBY-dev] http://mobycentral.icapture.ubc.ca:8090/authority/ValidateService?getDeadServices

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Tue Apr 3 18:57:57 UTC 2007

I know it's in the metadata RDF (see my message below), but I don't want
to have to download it.
Why?  I just disabled this in Seahawk because it took too long to fetch
this (either as one big RDF dump, or individually through the LSID
resolver).
I was building the list of services for my popups, and it would sit
there for several minutes as the registry churned, and the only thing I
was using above and beyond the findService() answer was the isAlive.  So
now I show alive and dead services to speed things up, which is not ideal.