[MOBY-dev] revised manuscript now in CVS

Björn Usadel usadel at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Mon Apr 2 09:54:17 UTC 2007

Hi,

Nice MS,

Just minor points from me.

- (page 15) I In this respect, BioMoby data is more reliable and
predictable #typo? drop the I

-(page 4) and is designed to represent specific data identifiers from
known resources an a ell-defined #typo? add w to ell-defined

The XML sniplets in Figures 1,2 and 4 look jaggy, is that due to the
pdf-conversion or are vector-graphics needed?  (If so I guess the work
could be split)

Personally, I think that exception/error-handling could be a bit longer,
but I am very biased there.
Something along the lines:
Whereas conventional web based tools, when not returning any result
often leave the user wondering if this is due to a temporary server
malfunction, a genuine empty result or a malformed query, BioMoby's
implementation of error handling helps to discriminate, these different
reasons.
Further, (in the future? #I don't know how things are standing there
currently) the BioMoby registry will automatically remove the visibility
of services which have major problems.

Cheers,

Björn