[MOBY-dev] small updates to Dashboard

Dirk Haase d.haase at gsf.de
Mon Oct 9 07:34:16 UTC 2006

Hi Martin,

On Monday 02 October 2006 23:30, Martin Senger wrote:
> Dirk gave me an idea to add a new button "Call RDF Agent". The button is
> now in the service registration panel. Further testing of its usefulness is
> needed - please let me know how to improve it.

After all my issues with the unregistration via agent are solved I can now
confirm that the new button works as expected.

It might be confusing however that the 'signature URL' field and all the other
inputs can be totally unrelated and that in fact all other fields are ignored
when the 'Call RDF Agent' button is used. Users could think their changes eg.
in input/output data were directly transferred to the RDF document and read
by the agent (and then they are happy when it says "RDF Agent call was
successful"...).

Maybe another check-box 'Agent Mode' within the "Service RDF Signature"
section could make things clearer. When checked, the 'Call RDF Agent' button
would become active, all other input fields - except the signature URL
field - and buttons inactive.

Best,
dirk