[MOBY-dev] Reminder: Vote async proposal

Johan Karlsson johan at ac.uma.es
Mon Oct 2 19:36:16 UTC 2006

Hi Pieter,

Sorry to hear that you have a negative opinion of the proposal.

 From our point of view, the details you are mentioning are minor (in
the sense that they are simply choices where to place the information).
The same information is sent, the number of SOAP calls are the same. It
is not more (or less) optimal to send the queryIDs in the SOAP header
than it is to send it in the SOAP body, so we do not understand what you
mean with "sub-optimal".

As we wrote before, it is possible (you agreed with this also earlier)
to implement a getResourcePropertyDocument operation in the future with
the approach in the proposal. With only two properties named "status"
and "result", the structure would be more "fixed", but the values must
still be put there by the service, so the document is not "static" but
must be dynamically generated. With dynamic property-names the client
must construct these names by appending the queryID to status or result
but this is really, as you put it, far from "rocket-science".

All these details are hidden by API functions (that we are providing),
so it is not critical to change in the future if necessary.

Kind regards,
Johan