[MOBY-dev] BioMOBY ping

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Wed Nov 8 10:56:05 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the BioMOBY ping thing. As far as I know
the services I had registered in the central BioMOBY Central respond
correctly to a BioMOBY ping request. They are listed as dead though
on the BioMOBY website and I'm wondering why. The current suspects are:

* Base64 encoded output. Does the agent decode base64 content correctly?
* HTTPS. My services require an https connection. If the agent is
using Perl code it will probably complain about not being able to
validate the certificate, but execute anyway. If the agent was
written in Java it will refuse to execute the service if the SSL
certificates can not be validated. Our certificates are self-signed,
so you'd have to add them to your keystore to be able to execute our
services with a Java client.

My services might need an update to take advantage of LSID resolution
and the asynchronous one needs to be rewritten for our new BioMOBY
async services standard, but they are not dead!

Something else: I plan on resuming my SOAP::Lite testing with the
latest and greatest version. Is there anybody out there who is
currently successfully running a (patched) S::L version > 0.60?

Cheers,

Pi