[MOBY-dev] Error handling in Taverna (was Re: [MOBY-l] updating MOBY Central with input/outputarticleNames)

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Mon May 15 12:17:36 UTC 2006

Hi Eddie,

I tried the latest Taverna version today and I really enjoyed it :).
Automatic addition of articleNames works perfectly and the new "Parse
moby data" processor makes decomposing BioMOBY objects a breeze.

I also browsed the online documentation again and noticed that the
"output" and "input" ports are depreciated and only meant to be used
for backwards compatibility. I used them to get the full output from
BioMOBY services. This allowed me to have a look at the serviceNotes
section in addition to the mobyData section. In Taverna 1.3.2RC1
(with updated *.jar from the BioMOBY site) this behaviour has changed
and the legacy input and output ports only return the mobyData block.
I realise now that I've been abusing those legacy ports for something
they were never made for, but it was the only way to have a peek at
diagnostic error massages from the serviceNotes. (Or is there another
way?) I'd love to see that kind of functionality return one day...

Thanks,

Pi

pieter.neerincx at wur.nl