[MOBY-dev] Front page messed up?

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Mon Mar 6 12:03:16 UTC 2006

Hi all,

On my machines (both Linux and Mac OS X and several different
browsers) it looks like the BioMOBY website is messed up (only the
front page). Is anybody working on it or do I smell something fishy?

Cheers,

Pi

On 3-Mar-2006, at 5:27 PM, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 09:39 +0000, Duncan Hull wrote:
>
>> I realise these are all very open questions, but I'd be interested to
>> know what moby-devvers think...
>
> Outside of the public eye, I have three students right now working on
> OWLifying all aspects of MOBY, and making a clear separation of the
> models from the data and service instances.  We are expecting to see
> some REALLY interesting behaviours in the context of tools like Ben &
> Clarence's Ahab/Ishmael MOBY browsers - DL-reasoned discovery of
> unexpected, but applicable, services after DL-reasoned
> *integration* and
> *recombination* of multiple data-types from multiple MOBY service
> executions into new data-types.
>
> Fun!!

> --
>
> --
> Mark Wilkinson
> Asst. Professor, Dept. of Medical Genetics
> University of British Columbia
> PI in Bioinformatics, iCAPTURE Centre
> St. Paul's Hospital, Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
> Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
> tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
> fax: 604 806 9274
>
> "For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
>        a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
> What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and
> interesting
>       that communication has become more than a conduit,
>        it has become a destination in its own right..."
>
>                 Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen