[MOBY-dev] checking services

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Sun Mar 5 21:49:03 UTC 2006

Hi all,
   Within the GCP project, I have developed a small program that can check
services with testing input data. I know that we have been talking about
having such inputs in metadata, and I am sure it will soon come. But we
needed something running now, so I have made this small project (using
libraries in jMoby). It is easy to set it up (you still need to find what
input data are needed) if you wish to have it run on your set of services.

   The program can be run from a command-line (we use it as a cron-job to
check that our services are responding), or there is a web interface (my
first play with Ajax :-) ).

   The documentation (with links to running examples, and with
instructions where you can get it) is available at
http://mobycentral.icapture.ubc.ca:8090/mobyenv/ (and mirrored at
http://www.iris.irri.org/mobyenv/).

   I will be very glad to receive any comments and suggestions for
improvement.

   Thanks, and with regards,

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)