[MOBY-dev] Code updates in jMOBY

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jul 7 20:02:34 UTC 2006

> By package creep, I mean that in order to compile core MOBY classes into
> my non-MOBY cvs projects, I don't want to have to include lots of extra
> jars (I'm writing applets, which have severe memory restrictions).  For
> example, I moved JDOM specific code from Utils to JDOMUtils, and changed
> all references to those methods (very few actually) in CVS.

   Paul, you did changes that you do not know about consequences. For
example changes in packages affect the number of jar files that are to be
deployed to the Tomcat. But you have not changed this in build.xml files.

> The functionality should not really be affected, if it is, let me
> know.  For example the formatFault you mentioned is replaced by 3
> lines that do essentially the same thing.

   Yes, now it is 3 lines of code but they are well separated and can be
extended later for more sophisticated code. I would like to have them
back please.

   I am now busy to finish other moby project (perl one) I am working on
because I am leaving for a meeting soon. So I cannot look in details what
you did - but I really ask you to re-consider your changes. I feel greatly
disturbed now.

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com