[MOBY-dev] Large amounts of requests from always the same IP address - 137.82.67.190

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Mon Jul 3 13:01:20 UTC 2006

This is Eddie's "isAlive?" script.  It runs on a cron and hits every
service in the registry with an empty mobyData block to see if the service
responds with the same (as per the API).  If not, the service is flagged
as "dead" and this information is available in the LSID metadata for that
service.  We just started experimenting with this last week.

If it is bothering you we can reduce the frequency of the cron... I don't
actually know how frequent it is right now.