[MOBY-dev] where are all signature URLs?

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Feb 25 13:57:00 UTC 2006

Thanks for the details, interesting.
   When reading your comments, I suddenly was not sure if we have the same
understanding for LSID versioning. I guess we have but here is what
slightly confused me:

> was to modify the lsid in the namespace table (remove the underscore)
> but keep the same timestamp, since that was the timestamp that the
> service was registered under

   This seems to me like a service version depends on the version of a
namespace used by this service. Is it true? If yes then it differs from my
version understanding - I thought that a version of a, for example,
service is changed when the same service is registered again. But it does
not change if the entities used by this service are changed (which is
normally impossible, anyway, because except manual editing you cannot
unregister and register again anything that other entities depend on).

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)