[MOBY-dev] [moby] Suggestion for new tag in Parameter (Secondary Input specification)

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Feb 23 18:11:29 UTC 2006

Absolutely - I believe the INB had also requested this a while ago, too.

Do we need to go through an RFC for this?  I hope not...

If nobody objects, I'll add it to the API right away.  It should only
take a couple of minutes to code.

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 10:56 -0700, Paul Gordon wrote:
> Can we add an optional description field to the secondary article tag?
> It might help people fill it out if they have a hint *what* they're
> filling out besides the articleName. i.e.:
>
> <Parameter articleName="NameOfArticle">
> 	<desc>This field sets the frameshift penalty in the alignment.  The higher it is set, the less likely frameshifts will be detected and corrected.</desc>
>         <datatype>Integer|Float|String|DateTime</datatype>
>         <default>...</default> <!-- any/all of these -->
>         <max>...</max>         <!-- ... -->
>         <min>...</min>         <!-- ... -->
>         <enum>...</enum>        <!-- ... -->
>         <enum>...</enum>        <!-- ... -->
>   </Parameter>
>
> Sound reasonable?  Does this require a RFC?

Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor, Dept. of Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI in Bioinformatics, iCAPTURE Centre
St. Paul's Hospital, Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
fax: 604 806 9274

"For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
       a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and interesting
      that communication has become more than a conduit,
       it has become a destination in its own right..."

                Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future