[MOBY-dev] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: [MOBY-l] error when do make test

Frank Gibbons francis_gibbons at hms.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 17 14:19:35 UTC 2006

> > >    Sorry, I should have checked before asking... I did not know that
> it is
> > >about CVS, I thought that it is for Mark's Perl magics.
> >
> > OK - well, I was going to offer to make some links on this page, but it's
> > not under CVS, so Mark or Simon will have to do it.
> >
>    I have checked again - and I see that actually I was right! The link to
>"Latest Code Release" is only to the package with Perl, there is no Java
>at all. So it is very confusing... I think we should separate it to to
>links (the java would be the one I gave you:
>http://biomoby.open-bio.org/CVS_CONTENT/moby-live/Java/docs/CVS.html).

Martin,

You're quite right - I had confused the "Getting the code" in the main
field on that page, with "Latest code release", in tiny text in the sidebar
on the right-hand side of the page. Yes, it points only to Perl releases.

I'd like to help, but don't have access to that page - it's one of the few
top-level pages that are not under CVS control. As Documentation Guy I
guess it would fall to me to fix this, but I don't have access to that
particular page. Mark - what's the best solution here, I see three
possibilities:

1. You make the changes, as Martin requests.
2. I gain access to the webserver, and make the changes
3. (my favourite) the entire website goes into CVS, and changes can be made
by any developer. If you're worried about security, only developers will be
able to check in changes, and we can always roll things back if undesirable
changes get made.

-Frank

PhD, Computational Biologist,
Harvard Medical School BCMP/SGM-322, 250 Longwood Ave, Boston MA 02115, USA.
Tel: 617-432-3555       Fax:
617-432-3557       http://llama.med.harvard.edu/~fgibbons