[MOBY-dev] [moby] Cleaning out the registry

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Feb 16 18:06:22 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 09:58 -0800, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> As you have read, Martin and I are discussing the problem of cleaning up
> the registry.  Though MOBY was not intended to be curated per se, it
> isThere are four kinds of "bad" services in the registry right now:

I didn't finish my sentence there - I mean to say "it is becoming so
cluttered as to be almost unusable for some tasks."

...his last words were 'Hey guys!  Watch this!'
--
Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor

"For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
       a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and interesting
      that communication has become more than a conduit,
       it has become a destination in its own right..."

                Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future