[MOBY-dev] [moby] Re: problems with retrieveService() in Perl API

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Fri Feb 10 17:25:37 UTC 2006

On 10-Feb-2006, at 6:07 PM, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 18:03 +0100, Pieter Neerincx wrote:
>
>> I'll test 0.67 this weekend and
>> repost. If S::L is not fixed fast enough I'll make a list of the
>> small patches you'll need to make BioMOBY work with the latest
>> "stable" S::L.
>
> Do you know if the MOBY patches are backwards-compatible with S::L .
> 60?

So far I have only tested client S::L version X with local BioMOBY
Central same version X, but before suggesting patches on the BioMOBY
side I'll test mixed version as well. What I can not test is the Java
and Python stuff. But if a patched client S::L 0.67 with patched
client ~Perl/MOBY works fine with the official Central we can leave
that one for some more time to come on S::L 0.60...

I'll report back on monday...

Pi

> --
> --
> ...his last words were 'Hey guys!  Watch this!'
> --
> Mark Wilkinson
> Asst. Professor
> Dept. of Medical Genetics
> University of British Columbia
> PI in Bioinformatics
> iCAPTURE Centre
> St. Paul's Hospital
> Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
> Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
> tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
> fax: 604 806 9274
>
> "For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
>        a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
> What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and
> interesting
>       that communication has become more than a conduit,
>        it has become a destination in its own right..."
>
>                 Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen