[MOBY-dev] [personal] Re: [moby] RFC #1941: INBAsynchronous Service Call Proposal - sync mode required or not?

David Gonzalez Pisano dgpisano at cnb.uam.es
Fri Feb 10 17:01:41 UTC 2006

Mark Wilkinson escribió:
> On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 00:51 +0000, Martin Senger wrote:
>

>>    I thought that "whether synch/asynch/both need to be flags registered
>> in the registry" was sort of already agreed on (actually without having it
>> in registry I would not know how the registry can generate rich enough
>> WSDL).
>>

> I agree entirely.  The alternative would be for the registry to resolve
> the LSID and figure it out that way; however I think it should be in the
> registry.  I just don't want to presume to tell the authors of the RFC
> what they are proposing, before they have had a chance to tell us what
> they are proposing, in their next draft.

Well, in fact something could be missed in the proposal we sent, but the
philosophy we had in mind was always to extend the registerService API
call to include the "sync" flag and store it in registry. Between other
benefits, that would allow the client to know whether the service can
run in asynchrous mode, at service discovery time. We'll write it more
clearly in the next iteration of the proposal.

David