[MOBY-dev] RFC #1941 Asynchronous Service Call Proposal

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Thu Feb 9 15:28:35 UTC 2006

On 8-Feb-2006, at 1:36 AM, Martin Senger wrote:

>>> [servicename]_submit
>>> [servicename]_poll
>>> [servicename]_retrieve
>>> and maybe also:
>>> [servicename]_clean or [servicename]_remove
>> Those are nice names, I like them.  Anybody else?
>>
>    I don't care (but 'submit' is confusing because even just a sync
> invocation is a submit...)

I disagree. If you do a sync call you do a _submit and _retrieve in
one go. If you specify individual parts of the job execution process,
than that is exactly what you get. If you don't specify individual
parts you get a "all-in-one" sync call. What do the others think?

Pi

>    Martin
>
> --
> Martin Senger
>    email: martin.senger at gmail.com
>    skype: martinsenger
> consulting for:
>    International Rice Research Institute
>    Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
>    DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
>    Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen