[MOBY-dev] RFC #1941 Asynchronous Service Call Proposal

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Tue Feb 7 16:46:42 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Ok, this is just a minor comment. It's about the names for the
different SOAP methods. Currently proposed:

[servicename]_async
[servicename]_poll
[servicename]_result

It looks to me like they are a bit random. Off course they could be
just _a, _b and _c as well. For the way it will work it won't matter,
but since we will have these names for quite some time, I would
suggest something more logical.
Async is the the service type, you poll (=verb) for the status
(=noun) and you retrieve (=verb) the result (=noun). To me it makes
more sense if the methods are named after a verb that describes the
action that the SOAP method performs. So that would mean something
like this:

[servicename]_submit
[servicename]_poll
[servicename]_retrieve
and maybe also:
[servicename]_clean or [servicename]_remove

Just my 2c,

Pi