[MOBY-dev] [moby] new Makefile.PL for Perl source

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Feb 2 19:35:55 UTC 2006

On a windows machine, using nmake, I get the following error right at
the end of the make process:

cp MOBY/Client/ServiceInstance.pm blib\lib\MOBY\Client
\ServiceInstance.pm
cp MOBY/MOBYXSLT.pm blib\lib\MOBY\MOBYXSLT.pm
        html @ rem
'html' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe' : return code
'0x1'
Stop.

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 13:12 -0500, Frank Gibbons wrote:
> Just checked in a new Makefile.PL. You'll see what's in it from the
> "commit" email. I tried to write it as platform-independently as I could.
> I'm wary of making changes to this file, since if it's broken, you can do
> nothing at all with the Perl MOBY. Please inform me of problems, if any,
> and I'll fix them as soon as I possibly can.
>
> -Frank
>
> PhD, Computational Biologist,
> Harvard Medical School BCMP/SGM-322, 250 Longwood Ave, Boston MA 02115, USA.
> Tel: 617-432-3555       Fax:
> 617-432-3557       http://llama.med.harvard.edu/~fgibbons

...his last words were 'Hey guys!  Watch this!'
--
Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor

"For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
       a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and interesting
      that communication has become more than a conduit,
       it has become a destination in its own right..."

                Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future