[MOBY-dev] BioMOBY Asynchronous Service Call Proposal v2.2 - <wsa:Action> tag missing for GetResourceProperty requests

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Mon Aug 28 14:04:08 UTC 2006

I agree with Tom: the most important part of using a layer like WS is
the features you *haven't* thought of.  Logical separation of program
parts always incurs an overhead, but 1) frees the developer from
tinkering with a "solved" problem, and 2) allows him/her to benefit from
features they hadn't anticipated.  I'll be really happy when a security
payer can be automagically added to MOBY via some WS protocol...

With regards to Martin's mail, I don't think usurping the Service type
is a good idea (if I understand the idea correctly, which I may not).
The Service Type Ontology is supposed to describe the service in
biological terms, the fact that it executes asynchronously is a
technical consideration (imagine doubling the size of the ontology
because one half has to inherit from moby-async :-P) .