[MOBY-dev] Agent does not change Registry

Dirk Haase d.haase at gsf.de
Wed Aug 23 14:19:03 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 15:54, Edward Kawas wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> To remove a service, call the agent via registerService using only the
> signatureURL. If the URL exists, then any services the agent finds will be
> updated/removed/added. If the url doesn't exist, then the agent will remove
> any services that it once knew about at that URL.

That's how I understood the mechanism and what the docs say...

> I am not sure if what I just said addresses your concerns.

In principle yes, but what I wanted to say is that the removal part of it does
not work. An example is the mips service getTmhmmPrediction which is
registered with the signature URL
http://mips.gsf.de/proj/planet/moby/RDF/getTmhmmPrediction.rdf
This URL currently does not exist. I successfully called the agent, but the
service is not deleted. Same situation for the gabi.rzpd.de service
checkGabiPDBySequence.

Best,
dirk