[MOBY-dev] {Spam?} Re: The Agent behaviour - discussion and questions to the MOBY community

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Thu Aug 10 17:52:13 UTC 2006

On 8-Aug-2006, at 2:28 PM, Paul Gordon wrote:

> Reading my own e-mail, I have an idea:  make the empty-ping behaviour
> part of the MOBY API (which clients MAY call), AND require a valid
> test
> case in the RDF description (which MOBY Central WILL call to measure
> robustness).  The best of both world, no?

Yes, that sounds good to me. I agree with Martin that a ping should
be a quick method to check whether a service is up. I welcome the
idea of forcing "production quality" services to implement example
inputs and outputs to improve robustness, while making this optional
for beta services. This should already be possible using LSID
resolution, but I was wondering if there is anybody out there who
actually implemented this and is using it. If so, is there some
documentation on how to do this?

Cheers,

Pi

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen