[MOBY-dev] Shims

Carole Goble carole at cs.man.ac.uk
Sat Apr 29 22:25:57 UTC 2006

Stian

as the person who coined the term shim it is there precisely because
there are a whole range of words that have been used.
mediator, adaptor, conversion etc. not all shims are conversions.

the new term gives a fresh start. By the way, the first shim paper not
by manchester is now published

Adapters, shims, and glue--service interoperability for in silico
experiments
    U. Radetzki, U. Leser, S. C. Schulze-Rauschenbach, J. Zimmermann, J.
    Lussem, T. Bode, and A. B. Cremers
    Bioinformatics 2006 22: 1137-1143.
http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/22/9/1137?etoc

Carole