[MOBY-dev] splitting jmoby.jar

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Fri Apr 28 14:30:20 UTC 2006

Right, I realize that.  I was replying to Eddie's post:

"Classes in the package org.biomoby.shared.extended are used for parsing
RDF and
are probably no use to clients."

Perhaps he meant service providers, not clients?

In any case, if we are interested in having more people use jMOBY in
their current work, we should keep it in the back of our minds that they
may not be using the jMOBY CVS checkout as their primary development
directory.  I, for example am in that boat, since my main program
(Bluejay) has its own CVS directory.  Self-contained JARs would make
using jMOBY a lot easier for such situations.  This is what I have done,
and I am willing to provide these to others.  The current option is for
such developers to adopt the 50MB of JAR files in jMOBY's lib directory
in their application deployments...

Don't get me wrong, the current setup is great for people developing
jMOBY code, but it's not ideal for people who just want to use jMOBY
code in another application...

My CAN$0.02,

Paul