[MOBY-dev] splitting jmoby.jar

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Fri Apr 28 14:01:44 UTC 2006

Hi Ediie,

Actually, I write clients, and use org.biomoby.shared.extended to
type-check data, so yes a client may need these.  In my Seahawk
application (which uses Java 1.5), these are the MOBY directories I
imported from src/main/org/biomoby:

./client
./client/rdf
./client/rdf/vocabulary
./registry
./registry/definitions
./registry/definitions/types
./registry/properties
./service
./service/generated
./shared
./shared/data
./shared/dom
./shared/dom/wrappers
./shared/parser
./shared/extended
./shared/schema

If we are really interested in making truly lightweight JARs available,
I may be able to help, should go to Java 1.5 sooner rather than later.
I've made uncommitted changes to several classes so that MOBY doesn't
absoluely require having the tulsoft, JDOM and ebi JARs around.  Seahawk
packs everything it needs to call MOBY Central and remote services into
a 2.5 MB JAR file (including the relevant classes from Axis, Xerces,
Xalan, Commons Logging, etc., etc.)...

Regards,

Paul