[MOBY-dev] updating MOBY Central with input/output articleNames

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Apr 25 14:53:45 UTC 2006

Hi all,

A few months ago the spec for service registration was tightened such that
all inputs and outputs require an articleName.  This is now required also
in Taverna workflows, and as such, many "illegitimate" services currently
in the registry will not function with Taverna even though they are
perfectly functional in reality.

Given that these services are not looking for an articleName, it will do
no harm to them if one were added.  Thus the fastest way to bring all
service registrations back into compliance with the API would be for me to
manipulate the MOBY Central database directly and add "dummy" articleNames
("input", "output") to all inputs and outputs that are currently un-named.

Would this bother anyone?  Please let me know ASAP.

Mark