[MOBY-dev] Moby Collections in Taverna

Edward Kawas edward.kawas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 13:56:30 UTC 2006

Hi Dirk,

The output port behaviour has been cloned for collections with a new port,
Collection 'As Simples'. So that port now takes the n items in a collection and
produces n simples that Taverna can iterate over.

However, if that port isn't used and a collection is passed to a service that
expects a simple, I transparently break apart the collection with n items into n
invocations containing a simple and then invoke the service n times, rather than
one time with a n invocation message. This was done, because I noticed that
there were time out issues with very large collections.

I haven't committed my changes in the Taverna cvs yet, so the only way to try
these changes is to download an updated taverna-1.3.1.jar file from
http://bioinfo.icapture.ubc.ca/ekawas/jars/taverna-1.3.1.jar. I also have some
example workflows at http://bioinfo.icapture.ubc.ca/ekawas/workflows/. Once I am
ready, I will commit my changes and hopefully in the next release of Taverna
(very soon I hear) the plugin will be updated.

Thanks,

Eddie