[MOBY-dev] jMoby does not compile

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Mon Apr 24 14:04:09 UTC 2006

Maybe we should we open up the question:

Should we require Java 1.5, or at least set some date, say August 2006,
at which we will require 1.5?  If we don't set something in stone, it
will never happen.  It's been out for 2 years now...Java 1.6 is going to
be out soon!  On the developer side there is virtually no reason not to
use 1.5.  Changing your 'enum' variables isn't hard.  The only client
side issue I've run in to is Mac OS X 10.3 or lower users (who aren't
upgrading because they require legacy Mac OS 9 binary compatibility for
old programs they still need).