[MOBY-dev] Moby objects in Taverna. Where do they come from?

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Fri Sep 16 14:35:13 UTC 2005

On 16-Sep-2005, at 4:10 PM, Martin Senger wrote:

>> One more thing, if the servlets work, you would be able to
>> do the following:
>> http://yourURL:port/types/Objects
>> http://yourURL:port/RESOURCES/MOBY-S/Objects
>> http://yourURL:port/authority
>>

>    Well, my understanding (Eddie/Mark, correct me if I am mistaken
> please)
> is that you should *not* used these URLs directly (and Eddie should
> not
> advice it :-)).

That does make sense, but having a quick look at what those URLs
produce just to get an quick idea whether those servlets are working
in Tomcat at all can't hurt :)

> You should use a new API method 'retrieveResourceURLs'
> which gives you those URLs.
>    This new method is implemented, for example, in jMoby (Java
> libraries
> for biomoby) - in Central.java interface. It is also described in the
> biomoby API.

Ok, so I definitely should upgrade my biomoby API as well...

Thanks,

Pieter

>    Regards,
>    Martin
>
> --
> Martin Senger
>    email: martin.senger at gmail.com
>    skype: martinsenger
> consulting for:
>    International Rice Research Institute
>    Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
>    DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
>    Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen