[MOBY-dev] New website is ready...

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Nov 3 03:13:56 UTC 2005

>   This is what jMoby has for updating its documentation from CVS:
>
>#!/bin/bash
>#
>PATH=$PATH:/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_02/bin
>export PATH
>cd /home/websites/biomoby.org/html/moby-live/Java
>cvs -d :pserver:cvs:cvs at cvs.open-bio.org:/home/repository/moby -q update -dP
>./build.sh docs

Is that a script that I can call from the cron?

>   My experiences are: It preserves them - but once they are in the cvs
>server you cannot change them. So if you commit a script script.pl without
>executing permissions, it will be always given to the local copies
>without this flag (unless you change it on the server side I guess).

I know that it preserves them over CVS commits (i.e. if I commit without
execute permission, and then commit with execute permission, it will
still not have it), but I am unsure about whether something that was
committed with execute permission will change the permissions of
something that I set as non-executable locally and then cvs update over
top of it.